U2 have been off the road for a coupla years now and Coldplay played their last concert on New Year's Eve and have packed up their bags and gone home to friends and family. It is lonely out here. A thought that comes to mind after reading this tidbit: "U2 frontman Bono will give a televised address to the people of his native Ireland on St Patrick's Day (17Mar13)"
There is nobody like Bono. Nobody. This is the funniest thing I've heard in my life. The putz is addressing the nation? What a rabid egotistical nitwit. What am I going to do without him or Chris Martin to mock? It won't be easy. Who can replace them?
1. Bruce Springsteen -yeah, but he is too boring and once you've said he doesn't pay taxes on his farm and plays too long, wadja got?
2. Sir Paul, the Stones – Really anybody over 65 years old is too too old to be the butt of rock nyc's best jokes..
3. Muse – They have the nose and the actress girlfriends but they aren't big enough.
4. Foo Fighters – AKA Dave Grohl – He isn't important enough.
5. Jay-Z – I want a band so I can flip between a person and a band. Makes it less cruel.
6. Taylor Swift – Same thing, plus I'm a fan
7. Justin Bieber – Too young
8. Skrillex – Too ephemeral plus dubstep is deader than Elvis.
9. James Dolan – So easy to hate but not really a musician.
10. I'm stuck for somebody to replace these two guys till they release their next albums… any suggestions?
Sneak Peaks: Upcoming New Album Releases 6-2-23 – 6-8-23
excellent, deeply melodic, indie rock
Going Steady: New Singles 5-26-23 – 6-1-23 Reviewed
sort of Neil Young without the head cold and in full pop mode.
L.A. Burning, West Coast Concert Picks, May 29th To June 4th
Grace Jones will be at OUTLOUD Music Fest
UK Top 10 Albums 5-26-23 – 6-1-23
outsold the rest of the Official Albums Chart Top 10 combined
UK Top 10 Singles 5-26-23 – 6-1-23
an EDM plonker on top
Dead Babies: Helmut Berger And Martin Amis Leave Us
about how time decays us
The Early Bird: Top New Recorded Releases 5-26-23 – 6-1-23 Reviewed
a major slice of bad news
The Cure At The Hollywood Bowl, Wednesday, May 24th, 2023, Reviewed
The most heart-pulsing moments took us back through the past 45 years.
The River Deep, Mountain High Soulfulness Of Tina Turner
an antidote to toxic male supremacy