1. Am I the Only One? – Dierks Bentley – Took awhile for this click, by by the time the cowgirl throws down herself, I'm sold. A wild hootenanny of country rock and parying.
2. Age Of Consent – new Order – Forgot my Ipod the other day and was listening to Roxy Music on Pandora when this 80's classic came on. Listen to that hand picked bass on the riff.
3. Merry Christmas, Wesley Willis – This years Velvet soundalikes can beat up last years Velvet soundalikes because they have taken in the Fall as well. Alyson wrote about em elsewhere, check out the vid.
4. Drunk Girls (Holy Ghost remix) – LCD Soundstem – How you make a greats ong better.
5. Big Fat Bass – Britney Spears – Brit plays out the bass concept to its natural comclusion…. anal!
6. Free And Easy (Down The Road I Go) – Dierks Bentley – The best thing about Brad Paisley's MSG show a coupla years ago
7. Damn These Vampires – The Mountain Goats – Modern folk rock, really really good…. like Cat Stevens circa Catch Bull At Four but not really… I gotta buy another track .
8. Wait And See – Holy Ghost – I CAN NOT WAIT for the album.
9. Teenage Daughters – Martina McBride
10. John – Lil Wayne – I think I missed the story on this one, a weak early rap mislead me. It is a brilliant concept nd very well executed.
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – September 1985 (Volume 17, Number 4)
Rock ‘n’ roll is dead. We’re just dancin’ on its grave
Brief Encounters: New Album Releases 3-17-23 – 3-23-22
a coming of age for modern Arabic pop and not Arabic Sahara garage
Back in 2009 We Went To The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame Museum New York Annex Here Is Our Report (Before Its Abrupt Closure!!)
kids picking out songs on guitars and discovering they too can do it
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – August 1985 (Volume 17, Number 3)
squirming around on her back like she’d just received a double dose of injectable pig wormer
Money, Money, Money: Buying Tickets In 2023
one of the worst endings to a major concert
Sharon Van Etten At The Troubadour, Sunday March 19th 2023
“I always dreamed of playing the Troubadour”
Single by Single review Of Paul McCartney’s The 7″Singles Box Reviewed
a master of melody and less so a master of genre
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – July 1985 (Volume 17, Number 2)
Bill Holdship’s piece on Prince is excellent