Following up on Helen Bach's post about the wittily named "Whip Her To Shreds" tour, you know Devo meets Blondie and all are punished, I gpt to think how about other 80s inspired tours…
1. Prince And Elvis Costello – Remember when Prince wouldn't let Elvis cover "Pop Life" and El got pissed and trashed him on the moribund "The Bridge I Burnt"… maybe it's time for them to bury the hatchet…
2. Duran Duran and Bananarama – I never took either band particularly seriously, but so middle age teenagers can get their dayglo on? Why not?
3. Genesis and Peter Gabriel – Together again? Sure, Peter left them high and dry and they became Miami Vices house band but hey time wounds, right?
4. Public Enemy and Public Image – Plus? They could have James Blood Ulmer open! Chuck and Johnny have a lot in common, they are both failed moralists.
5. Nick Lowe And Rick Astley – Nick rhymed Rick's named with ghastly but I'll forgive him if Rick will. And how about Rick Springfield in the middle? The Nick Rick And Rick Tiyr!
6. Bruce Sprngsteen And Bon Jovi – No, really, think about it: New Jersey rules. And they can get modern kids Titus Andronicus to warm em up.
7. MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice – Rap pretenders and one hit wonders. It would be a short, but fun, concert
8. Cyndi Lauper And CInderella – The more Cynd against than Cyning tour. Openers: B-52s and Poison masherino.
9. Eric Clapton and the Fabulous Thunderbirds – We can't have Stevie Ray Vaughn so why not his brother? Always love FT and maybe clapton will rise to the occasion.
10. The Smiths And the Stone Roses – Or am I dreaming now?