Skip to content

Alter Boys Unite! The Bad Religion Christmas Album Will Save You!

Big Bad Brett

Our dear friend Brett Gurewitz of Epitaph Records is paving the way to goodness once again with his band Bad Religion.  Good Ol’ Brett the punk rock grampy with the big fat record company is always there to throw his 2 cents in the pot in the name of punk rock.

Bad Religion is one of those bands whos ‘daring’ logo make them timeless.  Really there is nothing more effective in teenage angst than pissing off the folks with blasphemed religious symbolism.  Its cliche’, its boring and its old.  Sorta like the band itself.

At age 51 Mr. Gurewitz has done ok for himself.  Head cheese of Epitaph is quite a little nest egg and a far cry from his 1979 Bad Religion early days.  Do I hate him for being successful?  No, of course not!  I hate him for becoming what punk spewed about since the beginning and for cashing in on the movement.  But hey- to each his own.  I just wish he spent a little more time being true to the movement and a little bit less a business man.  Chose one or the other but don’t put your old ass on a stage barking about rebellion and then shut the door on your fat record company the next day.

The new album?  Oh yeah sorry.  Bad Religions new Christmas album has a heart and a cause!  A whopping 20% of the profits will go to a charity supporting those who have been abuse by the clergy.  The other 80%?  Dunno ask Brett boy.  Worse part- the tune aint half bad- but the vocals sound like a pack of wet Lucky Strikes.

Leave a Comment





Amazon_Smile_logo
LET-ME-HELP-LOGO

Support Let Me Help Inc by shopping at smile.amazon.com

Billy Crystal In “Mr. Saturday Night” at Nederland Theatre, Tuesday, May 24th, 2022, Reviewed

By Iman Lababedi | May 26, 2022 |

weaving a fairy tale for us to get lost in

Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – July 1973 (Volume 5, Number 2) 

By Steve Crawford | May 26, 2022 |

“I don’t consider David (Bowie) to be even remotely big enough to be any competition.”

Brushes With Greatness: SohoJohnny Meets Mickey Burns And Al Bandiero

By Iman Lababedi | May 25, 2022 |

an old school New York feel

Movie Roles Elvis Presley Turned Down!

By Iman Lababedi | May 25, 2022 |

oedipal vulnerable and blue collar visceral

Press Releases For May: Here Are The Artists

By Alyson Camus | May 25, 2022 |

An emotional song with Miya’s acrobatic and vulnerable vocals

Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – May 1973 (Volume 4, Number 12)

By Steve Crawford | May 24, 2022 |

From Robert Johnson to the Ramones – what a life!

US Top 10 Singles Tracking 5-13-22 – 5-19-22

By Iman Lababedi | May 24, 2022 |

one of the great top tens of the 2020

Bruce Springsteen and The E Street Band Announce 2023 International Tour

By Iman Lababedi | May 24, 2022 |

will mark their return to the road in early February, 2023 with a string of to-be-announced US arena dates

Brief Encounters: New Albums 5-20-22 – 5-26-22 Reviewed

By Iman Lababedi | May 24, 2022 |

enjoyable and soulful romp

Just Like Heaven, Saturday May 21st 2022

By Alyson Camus | May 24, 2022 |

another full day of music

Scroll To Top