1. 12:51 – The Strokes – “Talk to me I’m older” Casablancas requests and it opens the door on what would have their eagerly awaited sophomore album which unlike this textured guitar fuzzy tuneful masterstroke, didn’t live up to exceptions – A
2. Fresh Start Fever – You Me At Six – The problem is the tune, which sounds like every mainstream rock and roll band in the world today – C-
3. Rather Be – Clean Bandit feat Jesse Glynne – Love the strings at the beginning – A
4. Feelin’ Myself – Will I Am, Miley Cyrus – Catchy bass hook – B+
5. Last Nite – The Strokes – And so it began… A
6. Dangerous Night – David Crosby – Maybe the best song on the album, “Even if I dream alone on such a dangerous night, somehow I know I’m gonna dream again tonight” – A-
7. Triad – The Byrds – Every song Crosby would ever write will sound like this – B
8. Invisble – U2 – Their best song in a decade is also one of their least assuming. What does that tell em? – B+
9. Different Days – Jason Isbell – Hidden in plain sight! – A
10. I Can’t Stand Myself – James Chance And The Contortions – Recorded live by Brian Eno – A+
Going Steady: New Singles 3-17-23 – 3-23-23 Reviewed
it is like a change in the drill direction
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – June 1985 (Volume 17, Number 1)
Creem, at this point, seemed to be looking for new feeding hands to bite.
US Top Ten Albums Tracking 3-10-23 – 3-16-23
a potential top album of the year.
Dawes At Beacon Theatre, Saturday, March 18th, 2023, Reviewed
Refreshingly honest and considerate
Sneak Peaks: Upcoming New Albums 3-24-23 – 3-30-23
can they survive an entire album?
L.A. Burning, West Coast Concert Picks March 20th To 26Th
Fleet Foxes are at the Belasco on Wednesday
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – May 1985 (Volume 16, Number 12)
highlighting hair metal bands simply to make fun of them was more amusing than profitable