How can rock nyc justify advising you in the strongest possible terms to pony up $20 to see first time director David Miller’s short “Lavinia’s Revenge” on November 8th at tribeca cenema 2 on Varrick Street? Buy tickets here first, and then I’ll tell you how…
1. The music by J-Pop star Salyu is wallpaper for the soul.
2. The short is about the colors and the colors will splash about in your brain when you see it on a large screen.
3. It isn’t the only short showing so maybe there will be something else half as good. the others are:
- The Conversation | Tafari Lawton 2013
- The Devil Goes Down
- A Girl and a Gun | 2013
- Viceroy | Ashley Denise 2013
- King’s Heart
- If I Were a Bell | Sherese Robinson Lee
4. I will be there so you can thank me in person for the tip.
5. When was the last time you were on Varrick Street.
6. Represent, New York, this is the Christopher Nolan of the future!
7. I bet Lavia herself shows, so you can congratulate her in person.
8. I predict it will be the best four minutes of your entire life.
And anyway, what’s the point in living in New York City if you aren’t gonna go to Film Festivals. And better this that our two or three biggies which are getting a little bit up there, right? They have the strength but we have the numbers.
So invest twenty bucks on the future of cinema and read my David Miller interview right about now.
cranking up the volume with a gritty rock chorus
Harry’s best three songs on his new album to populate the charts!
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – August 1973 (Volume 5, Number 3)
“studiedly inhuman on the most pretentious and superficial level.”
a whiny piece of crap
The Earliest Bird: Top New Recorded Release 5-27-22 – 6-2-22, Liam Gallagher’s “C’mon You Know” Reviewed
Liam will be 50 in September
the same mix of local orchestras and the biggest Who hits
The song wakes up with alluring guitars
weaving a fairy tale for us to get lost in
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – July 1973 (Volume 5, Number 2)
“I don’t consider David (Bowie) to be even remotely big enough to be any competition.”
an old school New York feel