1. Here For A Good Time – George Strait – The sleeve, with Strait smiling, is a scary sight. The song is a backhanded cheerfulness and sounds an awful lot like Nick Lowe in verses, Randy Travis in the chorus.
2.. Love On Top – Beyonce – Sounds like the Supremes with a hip hop producer.
3. The Whole Town's Laughing At Me – Teddy Pendergrass – This is what soul sounds like: a slow wound to the heart in a world where there is no secrets.
4. Last Friday Night – Katy Perry
5. Crazy Rhythms – The Feelies – Did I tell you I bought a tix to the show?
6. It's So Easy (Faithful version) – Paul McCartney – Pretty much great, maybe oversung, maybe not up to Run Devil Run, but like I said, pretty great.
7. Don't Wanna Go Home – Jason DeRulo
8. Save It For Later – The English Beat – After the Specials and Madness , this is the sound of Brit Ska. And this song? Inspired horn solo takes it home.
9. 1+1 – Beyonce
10. Be So True – Total Babes – Great conceit, I'll be true to you even though there is nothing to be true to.
Miley makes it three at the top
better than you remember
it has been four years since her last long player
quickly get your music noticed
A fast rock & roll song performed with a retro punk vibe
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – April 1983 (Volume 14, Number 11)
the final issue edited by Susan Whitall
hard rock meets classic rock meets Americana
Chuck D is at the Grammy Museum
On The Red Carpet For The Screening Of “The Beast Inside” At The Angelica Cinema, Sunday, January 29th, 2023: pictures by Billy Hess
a powerhouse performance by Sadie Katz and SohoJohnny as you never thought you’d see him