1. Better Things – Ray Davies – Springsteen missed his calling, last year he was excellent singing with Rosanne Cash and this year he has already made a killa song with Flogging Molly and this duet with Davies on a Kinks mid-period Klassic is nearly as good.
2. With Love – Ambrose Akinmusire – Whoops, this is a non-highlight, somewhat Coltrane-y, bore off the young jazz trumpet players excellent newbie.
3. Gal – Buju Banton – from a new compilation, this guy shreds his voice deep and harsh so you can hear it cut.
4. Taken For A Fool – The Strokes – I still think the construction is wonky.
5. North American Scum – LCD Soundsystem
6. I'm Into You (feat Lil Wayne) – Jennifer Lopez – That is some groove and Weezy sounds just great.
7. Skull – Manhattan Murder Mystery
8. Give A Little – Hanson – Classic rock, powered by lifers.
9. Give Me Everything – Pitbull – Modern pop music exemplified
10. Get Out My Face – Lolita – Beanie Man find can sing but can she sing Raga???
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – June 1975 (Volume 7, Number 1)
Smith’s final freelance contribution to Creem.
putting Nigeria on the map
back at # 1 for a third non consecutive week
not a dreamer but a steely eyed businessman and pop musician
Willie Nelson will play at the Palomino fest on Saturday
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – May 1975 (Volume 6, Number 12
Elton John came across as completely engaging
by episode nine, season four, the bastards finally got me sick of Kate!
some hooky and wildly inspired tune
Harry has the summer of his career!