2. Our Whole Lives – the Hold Steady – one of the strangest, oddly romantic ever.
3. I Wish I Was Him -Kathleen Hanna – I have no idea why it took the Willie Mae Rock camp to discover this masterpiece for me.
4. A New England – Kirsty MacColl – Better than Billy’s. “When the phone didn’t ring, I knew it wasn’t you” is a rock lyric template.
5. Is It Still Over – Randy Travis – Country at its finest.
6. Last Night at The Jetty – Panda Bear – How did I not love Animal Collective? No idea. This is a great song, deeply beautiful stuff.
7. Gotta Have Someone – Teddy Thompson – Meet the new Jackson Browne
8. It Happened Today – R.E.M. – Best Stipe in years and years.
9. To Old Friends And new – Titus Andronicus
10. Pack Up – Eliza Dollittle – Great legs
simultaneously self-effacing and egomaniacs
essentially a disco remix of “Rocket Man” featuring one of the the UK’s biggest stars…
“I literally really need you to jump up and down”
Friday night might kill us but Thursday evening is a blast
it just isn’t the triumph she needed after six years
an impressive sonic ride.
a high-spirited Post Pandemic anthem
a memorable band who were never better than here
almost Pink Floyd-esque