1 Civilization – Justice – I trust rock nyc's Kyle Cannon's taste more tham I trust most. Not sure here though, electronic prog rock? Like Emerson, Lake And Palmer got mugged by Tiesto. Interesting, different… but does it work?
2. Stop – Shinobi Ninja – I have a cold and am holding off on a review of their (excellent, like excellent) Rock hood. Till I get to it, this is a classic and should be listened to over and over.
3. Tigers In The Fire – Love Grenades – It has been a year since I've heard from these guys. If you had to dub em anything, maybe "New Wave" is closest.
4. Finale – Funeral Party – Also somewhat new-wavey, right. Screa,my, shirky new wave-y. Kinda big sound.
5. Caffeinated Connection – TVOTR – Best ending of the year.
6. Honey Bee – Blake Shelton – Growing on me.
7. Waterloo Sunset – Ray Davies – Alex Chilton's fond farewell.
8. Taken for A foll – The Strokes
9. D.A.N.C.E – Justice
10. I'm Into You – Jennifer Lopez
simultaneously self-effacing and egomaniacs
essentially a disco remix of “Rocket Man” featuring one of the the UK’s biggest stars…
“I literally really need you to jump up and down”
Friday night might kill us but Thursday evening is a blast
it just isn’t the triumph she needed after six years
an impressive sonic ride.
a high-spirited Post Pandemic anthem
a memorable band who were never better than here
almost Pink Floyd-esque