1. My Opening Farewell – Jackson Browne – In the summer of 1972, I hadm't had a woman cry as she leaves me and "sad smile her apologies". If memory serves, I hadn't even had a woman arrive let alone leave. So my embrace of all things JB was more on the theortic side. Still, i could, and did, daydream to it.
2. The Moon And the Sky (Remix) – Rihanna feat Jay-Z – Jigga's emotionally charged rap shows his depth: not very. Sade sounds like sade with a drum machine.
3. I'm Still In Love With You – New Edition – The 1996 reunion album is a complete soul classic and, really, you gotta think it is because of Bobby brown.
4. Judas – Lady Gaga – Sure it has grown on me but… while it may hit now, it woulda tanked two years ago.
5. Wonderland – I See Stars
6. Keep Your Heart – TV On The Radio -One of the best songs of the year.
7. He called Me Baby – Patsy Cline – That orchestration? Mindbendingly new at the time.
8. Stop Reading, Start Doing Push Ups – D.R.U.G.S. – Tough stuff… though maybe stop watching TV?
9. Still in Love With you – thin Lizzy – Hard rock ballad, extraordinary one.
10.Dixieland Delight – Alabama
return to the top of country
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – January 1983 (Volume 14, Number 8)
a cow with eighteen udders
“a journey through his life, passions, influences, and enduring legacy”
the true Godfather Giannini Russo
Has Brit rock ever been worse?
essence de 2023
A very percussive song
the mixes his producer Daniel Lanois didn’t like
her best since “Milionària”
dip yourself deep in sonic hellaciousness and disquiet