2. Must Be Santa – Bob Dylan – Maybe I was too grumpy last year. This time around I find it kinda charming. The rest of the album still sucks.
3. Blue Christmas – Dean Marin – The implied slur adds to Martin's consistent lack if sincerity. He always seems to be sending up the entire situation.
4. Merry Christmas (War Is Over If You Want It) -Jessica Simpson- She nearly gets away with it, only blowing it when she decides to improvise at the end.
5. All I Want For Christmas Is You – Restraint has never taken a song further. Great vcover.
6. Mistletoe – Justin Bieber – Channels his inner Andy Gtammer.
7. It's A Big Country – Davitt Sigerson – A benediction for the US.
8. Little Saint Nick – The Beach Boys – Ooooh, harmony.
9. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing – Frank Sinatra – One of the purist of Carols. Best line: "God and sinners reconciled".Like Amie Mann said: hate the sinner but love the sin.
10. Christmas Wrapping – A year in three minutes plus happy ending. That drum roll to open is terrific.
Want to join me in supporting a good cause?
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – December 1980 (Volume 12, Number 7)
Boy Howdy! did Susan Whitall put together a solid team of writers
its own glammy road not travelled
“This was his best performance ever.”
his best song since “I Will See You In Far Off Places”
expected series of punk veterans
I have this thing where I get older but just never wiser
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – November 1980 (Volume 12, Number 6)
an almost indefinable purity