1. The Sun And Moon – Cursive – I like this band a lot but there is at least one reason they don't break pop and that's because they don't write pop. The song breaks here are constantly disrupting the flow of the song: it's like they're attentionally perpendicular.
2. Comeback Kid – Sleigh Bells – I've heard the rest of the album now and I haven't heard its equal.
3. Scooby Snacks – Fun Lovin Criminals – Sampling Tarantino, riding around, doing drugs, and a surf riff mixed with a pop guitar lick.
4. Ray Charles – Chiddy Bang – Wait, no… he is using ray Charles as a metaphor for being blind to love? Whoah!!!
5. Strange Clouds – B.o.B. – He better do better than this on the album
6 .Lots Of Drops Of Brandy – Aren't these guys Irish? Tell em to put the bagpipes down.
7. Damned For All Time/Blood Money – Murray Head – No, no Judas. It's just a fee.
8. We'll Run Away – The Beach Boys – Best line: "If our love is that much stronger, it'll last that much longer" on the bridge.
9. My Winding Wheel – Ryan Adams
10. Simple feeling – Heartless Bastards – Firmly ensconsed in this years best songs list.
better than you remember
it has been four years since her last long player
quickly get your music noticed
A fast rock & roll song performed with a retro punk vibe
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – April 1983 (Volume 14, Number 11)
the final issue edited by Susan Whitall
hard rock meets classic rock meets Americana
Chuck D is at the Grammy Museum
On The Red Carpet For The Screening Of “The Beast Inside” At The Angelica Cinema, Sunday, January 29th, 2023: pictures by Billy Hess
a powerhouse performance by Sadie Katz and SohoJohnny as you never thought you’d see him
that SNL gig was excellent
Miley rises to top of the celebrity food chain