1. You Just May Be The One – The Monkees – If nothing else. the reunion concert on Saturdy reinforced what a terrific songwriter Nesmith is and this, off the "we played all our own instruments and wrote all our own songs" Headquarters, received an enormous outpouring affection and the reson is simple: t isn't just a love song but a cll to Universal love and need – Grade: A
2. Ukulele Anthem – Amanda Palmer – connects Sid Vicious to John Lennon to a great lie: if everybody played a uekulele there would be no more war – Grade: B
3.Papa Gene's Blues – The Monkees – From the first album and Nesmith yippee yy yys it – Grade: B+
4. Daily Nightly – The Monkees – Survives as not only the first pop song to use a moog or a pretty atmospheric bad trip, but alson a Dolenz vocal triump – Grade: B+
5. Sunny Girlfriend – The Monkees – OK, you get the picture – Grade: A-
6. In A Big City – Titus Andronicus – As expected, they get all of this one in concert – Grade: A
7. The Girl I Knew Somewhere – The Monkees – Had enough yet? – Grade: B+
8. Burn – Meek Mill – Maybe the most distinctive new voice of 2012. My nephew jeff swears by em – Grade: B+
9. Put Your Hed On My Shoulder – Paul Anka – Puppy love – Grade: A
10. Olly Oly Oxen Free – Amanda Palmer – One of the best from a great album – Grade – A
Going Steady: New Singles 3-17-23 – 3-23-23 Reviewed
it is like a change in the drill direction
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – June 1985 (Volume 17, Number 1)
Creem, at this point, seemed to be looking for new feeding hands to bite.
US Top Ten Albums Tracking 3-10-23 – 3-16-23
a potential top album of the year.
Dawes At Beacon Theatre, Saturday, March 18th, 2023, Reviewed
Refreshingly honest and considerate
Sneak Peaks: Upcoming New Albums 3-24-23 – 3-30-23
can they survive an entire album?
L.A. Burning, West Coast Concert Picks March 20th To 26Th
Fleet Foxes are at the Belasco on Wednesday
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – May 1985 (Volume 16, Number 12)
highlighting hair metal bands simply to make fun of them was more amusing than profitable