I wrote this nearly exactly two year ago about One Direction’s IZOD Center gig: “Watching a band at the height of their first round of popularity, in front of thousands and thousands of screaming fans, giving it all they have, is really a special feeling: It isn’t like nightclubs or superstar performances, or blues great: it is the thrill of youth, the thrill of the new. I guess a working class hero IS something to be, One Direction were terrific.”
yes indeed, it was all true, One Direction were a five piece and they were huge and it was a thrill. Two years later they are a four piece and they are less huge and it is a lot less thrilling… That’s why they have to sell tickets on Groupon…
- One G-Pass to see Honda Civic Tour Presents One Direction
- When: Wednesday, August 5, at 7 p.m.
- Where: MetLife Stadium
- Door time: 5:30 p.m.
- Full offer value includes ticketing fees
- $20 for sections 315–320 or 331–337 (up to $40.25 value)
- $25 for sections 313–314 or 338–340 (up to $50.55 value)
- Click here to view the seating chart
How G-Pass Works: Your G-Pass will be ready to print 48 hours after the deal ends. Print the G-Pass and use it to enter the venue directly; you won’t need to redeem at will call. Due to security restrictions, G-Passes cannot be redeemed through the Groupon mobile app. Discount reflects the merchant’s current ticket prices – price may differ on day of event.
Honda Civic Tour Presents One Direction
- Their records sold: over 46 million
- Their social-media stats: 3 billion YouTube views, 109 million combined Twitter followers, 33 million Facebook fans
- Their latest album: Four
- Where you saw them last: on their record-obliterating Where We Are Tour and its corresponding concert film
- Where you can see them now: On the Road Again in stadiums worldwide
Wow, it now costs more to see an IMAX movie than 1D -they aren’t big enough for Stadiums any more. What happens next? The fifth album will tell the story but days when people were paying $500 to see them at Jones Beach appear to be over. I am glad I saw them at their height.
A fast rock & roll song performed with a retro punk vibe
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – April 1983 (Volume 14, Number 11)
the final issue edited by Susan Whitall
hard rock meets classic rock meets Americana
Chuck D is at the Grammy Museum
On The Red Carpet For The Screening Of “The Beast Inside” At The Angelica Cinema, Sunday, January 29th, 2023: pictures by Billy Hess
a powerhouse performance by Sadie Katz and SohoJohnny as you never thought you’d see him
that SNL gig was excellent
Miley rises to top of the celebrity food chain
captivating, hooklined, country pop songs
it’s a bit different because it’s smaller