1. Chicks, Man – The Del Lords – This might not be the best song of 2013 (I think I put it at # 3) but it is my absolute fave and it goes to the heart of what I was writing earlier about happy-sad songs, here you get a perfect pattern song that ends with death! – A+
2. XO – Beyonce – “Love me kights out” is an imaginably sexy come on – A+
3. New Slaves – Kanye West – The third of my 2014 songs I’ll add to the greatest of all times – A+
4. America – Modern Hut – “I was living with cats and April…” among my fave first lines of all time, it is writing 101; you’re in the middle of the story before you know what’s happened and you have a clue to the narrator’s character before the first line is on – A+
5. Where Can I Go? – Laura Marling Marling – At her most Joni Mitchell – A
6. Get Lucky Daft Punk Remix – Ten minutes of Nile’s guitar lick – A
7. Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke – Willd efine the summer of 2013 – A
8. You’ve Got A Way With The Light – Maria Taylor – She dedicated it to me at her concert – A
9. Still Into You – Paramore – Hayley’s greatest moment – A
10. We Can’t Stop – Miley Cyrus – Miley’s call to party – A
Comment: Every January I change the name of my daily song list, though “10 Songs” with its Westerberg nod, I might actually keep.
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – June 1975 (Volume 7, Number 1)
Smith’s final freelance contribution to Creem.
putting Nigeria on the map
back at # 1 for a third non consecutive week
not a dreamer but a steely eyed businessman and pop musician
Willie Nelson will play at the Palomino fest on Saturday
Creem – America’s Only Rock ‘n’ Roll Magazine, Reviewed Issue By Issue – May 1975 (Volume 6, Number 12
Elton John came across as completely engaging
by episode nine, season four, the bastards finally got me sick of Kate!
some hooky and wildly inspired tune
Harry has the summer of his career!